February 4, 2009

25 Things You May or May not Know About Me!

This is a fun tag to do, if you want to know more about your friends and you want them to know more about you :) I did this on Facebook, but I know you all don't have Facebook, so I thought it would be fun to blog it:

1. I was on the Ballroom Dance Team at Snow College.

2. I love to sing! I was in choirs in middle school, high school and even college. I am in the ward choir now :) My favorite is to sing in the car. I even sing the commercials.

3. I was in the musical, "The Music Man" in high school. I was part of the chorus, but I did have one line. Before we sang The Wells Fargo Wagon I ran onto the scene and said "The Wells Fargo Wagon, it's coming!"

4. I squeek sometimes when I talk. I sound like a boy going through puberty! My voice lesson teacher in high school told me to get my vocal cords checked, because my voice would also get tired fast from singing. The throat specialist stuck a camera down there and then I had to sing to see how my vocal cords moved. One vocal cord is bigger than the other! The smaller one works harder, which makes my voice get tired faster. Then when I squeek, one vocal cord slaps against the other. Weird huh?

5. My dads' nick name for me when I was younger was, "squeeker." My moms' was, "care bear."

6. I had the habbit of bitting my nails when I was young to the point they would bleed! Now, I have the habbit of chewing on them when I'm stressed.

7. I seriously can't type the correct way. I look down at the keyboard and use my index fingers and middle fingers. I can actually type pretty fast this way. I used to get head aches when I was done writing a paper, from looking at the key board the whole time!

8. I have anxiety. I take Zoloft to help me chill. I mostly get it when I feel like I have too much to do, and when I'm feeling stressed. When I feel like I have a lot to do, I sit and think about it for a long time and chew on my nails. By the time I get going, I could have gotten a few things done by then!

9. I worry about what people think of me, and stress over little things. My husband always reminds me that it doesn't matter!

10. I can burp like a man! I get embarrassed when my husband tells people I can burp better than them. Ladies aren't suppose to burp like that! It's fun though :)

11. I can do the worm. If you don't know what that is, it's like a break dancing move. It's awesome!

12. I used to hang out with the homies when I lived in West Jordan. Some of the kids I "went out with" were: Jose, Anoulack and Oscar. The main reason why my parents moved here, was to get us away from the friends we were hanging out with, plus they wanted to live in a smaller town :) I did have good neighborhood friends though. I love you guys!

13. I am very clumsy, especially when I am in a hurry. The other week I was taking Brayden's oatmeal to him. It slipped out of my hands and went all over the floor and carpet! I didn't even trip on anything. What the crap!

14. I have worked with people with disabilities my whole life, starting with one of my sisters. I am a special ed. aide now.

15. I make Rasberry jam every summer. My in-laws have a huge Rasberry patch in their yard.

16. I cut my husband and kids' hair. (just with the clippers, but I think I do a good job :)

17. Me and my sister Alisha used to fight so much when we were kids. I have scars all over my hands from her scratching me. She has a few scars herself (not from my nails, because I didn't have any!) When we were in middle school and high school we would hit eachother with hair dryers and curling irons. If I got into the shower before her she would literally pull me out and push me out in the hall and lock the door! Brat! We are best friends now :) Funny how that works!

18. I still get so excited about the holidays. I can't sleep the night before Christmas!

19. I make up the weirdest words, and I add them in when I talk. My newest word is anabolistic. I was referring to my kids when I said this, because they drive me nuts, so they are being anabolistic! Definition: acting like animals! When I was young I used to call people "Dinglehoppers."

20. I failed my first drivers test. I had to take it again at the DMV on a stick shift, but I passed!

21. When Brent is at work, sometimes I turn on the radio really loud and dance and sing to the music. My kids think it's fun :) I try not to hurt myself.

22. I have had back and neck pain for about 3 1/2 yrs. I have 3 bulging discs in my neck and I get muscle spasms in my back. It is so annoying! I take muscle relaxants every now and again and I had an injection in my neck to help with the pain. Fun stuff!

23. I am very gulable. I believe anything anyone tells me. People tease me all the time.

24. It takes me a while to get jokes. People have to explain them to me and by then it's not that funny anymore. Or once I get a joke, like the next day, I will start laughing.

25. I have been arrested before, and seriously I did nothing wrong! I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time!

I know people will ask, so here is a quick run down about me getting arrested: Me and my friend Kristin went to a party in high school that wasn't so good. There were kids that were underage drinking. We did nothing bad, we just laughed at them. We also were thinking "we shouldn't be here!" All of a sudden the cops showed up and everyone started running! We were scared so we ran too. We hid under a neighbors deck and started singing primary songs. Finally we decided to turn our selves in, because the cops would not leave and it was freazing out side! As soon as they saw us they arrested us with zip ties and took us into the cabin were the party was. There was a couple others that got caught too. We had already been crying under the deck and when we got arrested we kept saying through tears, "we didn't do anything wrong!" We even had to take breath alizer tests. (of course they were negative) We found out later that the kid that had the party, stole the keys to the cabin from his dad! So we got charged with breaking and entering and had to do 30 hrs. of community service. We were at the wrong place at the wrong time! Made funny memories though :)

26. I missed one: I have had my belly button pierced before. I got it when I was a Senior in High School and took it out when I was like 5 months prego with Brayden! I had it for like 3 yrs.

I tag anyone who wants to play. Go!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Holy cow! I had no idea about the arrest! Craziness! So get this...I work with a kid who used to be friends with Anoulak (however you spell it)and says he has gotten himself into some serious trouble. Such a small world! I totally remember how mean you and Alisha were to each other. It makes me laugh! I miss you guys! We all need to get together and do lunch or something.

Miranda said...

Kara! I love you! I can just see you talking as i read this, and it's like i can hear it. You are so funny.

Joann said...

So funny Kara! Me and my sister were the same way and now we are like best friends too. I'll have to hear more about your arrest...crazy! I would have never guessed you had your belly button pierced (me too)

Jared and Delia said...

That post was so funny. I can just see you saying "What the crap!"

Ha ha. You crack me up.

I DID NOT know you got arrested. Me too. hehe. I took my parent's car joy riding when I was 15 with some of my friends. I was so stupid. I did community service too. Now you know what an idiot I was in high school. Anyway.

That post was fun to read.

Katie said...

Kara! You wild girl! I can totally see you getting arrested! HA HA! You crack me up!

Erik, Mandi, & Matix said...

Kara I didn't know you were a gangsta! LOL. Good choice on your parents part to get you out of there! K I want to see you do the worm! Your hilarious!