
Yes
3. What were your reactions?
2. Were you married at the time?
Yes, a year and a half when we got prego.
3. What were your reactions?
I was so excited! I had butterflies in my stomach. Brent was stressed.
4. How old were you?
21 when we got prego, and turned 22 about 2 weeks before we had him. We are both December babies :)
5. How did you find out?
I took a home pregnancy test, but I knew I was prego right from the start! I took 3 pregnancy tests before it said it was positive! the first 2, I took when It was too early to tell.
6. Who did you tell first?
Brent was there when I took the test, but I told my brother-in- law first. weird huh? there is a story behind it: My sister and her husband managed apartments at the time and I always cleaned for them when people were moving out. they use some really strong cleaners! I mean way strong! I had the runs one time after I cleaned because the strong chemicals got into my system! So I was telling Mitch that I couldn't clean because of that. he said I can wear a mask, but I really didn't want to clean okay! So I just had to tell him the real reason. I was only like 4 weeks.
7. Did you want to find out the sex?
yes, but I already I knew I was going to have a boy. I had dreams that I would have a blue eyed, brown haired baby boy and I did! we just wanted to be sure :)
8. What was your due date?
December 28 2005 was my date, but the doc. said January 1st. It was close enough so they left my due date Dec. 28th
9. When was your child actually born?
Dec. 19, 2005
10. Did you have morning sickness?
Yes. I don't know why they call it morning sickness because I was sick all day and all night. the evenings were the worst. In the middle of the night I had to get up and have a bowl of cereal!
11. What did you crave?
I don't think I really craved anything, but what settled my stomach was Bread and cereal. oh, and I loved fries!
12. Who/what irritated you the most?
My hubby and family. they weren't actually irritating, I was an emotional prego. I just cried. One time when my dad was being called to be Bishop, we went to their church and I cried because our family didn't save me and Brent a seat. How could they!
13. 1st child's sex?
Boy!
14. Did you wish you had the opposite sex of what you were having?
No way! I was so happy! he was the first boy in the family! I have 4 sisters no brothers and then my sisters kept having girls. We had 5 neices before Brayden was born. My sisters were jealous that I had the first boy! Ha ha suckers!
15. How many pounds did you gain?
This is embarrassing to say but: 55 lbs! I gained alot of water weight. I was borderline at getting Toximia
16. Did you have a baby shower?
Yes like 5! One from my work up at Utah State, one from my work at the School, one from my mom, one from Brent's mom and one from my Grandma. We didn't have to buy anything! the school even got us a carseat and stroller that went together. It was awesome!
17. Was it a surprise?
No I knew about all of them.
18. Did you have complications?
Just a little. My blood pressure was really high for the last couple weeks and I had to go and get it checked every 2 days. Then Dec. 19th it was really high, so they wanted to start me, but all they had to do is break my water and I was in labor after an hour. I didn't want to be on Pitocin because it would have made my contractions harder.
19. Where did you give birth?
Logan Regional Hospital in Logan, UT
20. Hours of labor?
About 6 hrs. I pushed for an Hr. and a half! That sucked major!
21. Who drove you to the hospital?
Brent, but I did walk with my second! we live across the street from the hospital and I wasn't in labor at the time :)
22. Who watched?
Brent and our Labor and delivery coach (Doula), Christina Howell. She took some great pics too (you know the bloody ones)
23. Medicine to ease the pain?
Nope, all natural baby! Those of you who know me I like to do things to an extreme, and I just wanted to see if I could do it and I did! that's why we had a Doula. She told Brent exactly what to do and kept suggesting different labor positions. She was great! I have a confession: I did get a local anesthetic in the area to relieve some of the pressure, since I was pushing for a while. It hurt like you know what!
24. How much did your child weigh?
6 lbs. 7 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long
25. Name?
Brayden Michael Buist. Michael after my dad, his first boy!
26. How old is your first born today?
3 years and about 3 months
What a beautiful thing it is to have a baby! We as mothers go through so much to give life! From aches, pains and being sick to strech marks and saggy skin! and don't forget all the extra weight, and what is really sad is when you out weigh your husband! Gotta love it!









4 comments:
I didn't know you had Brayden all natural! You go girl. I think I would die!
Ya, I went natural with both my kids! people say I'm crazy, but it is the most greatest feeling of accomplishment ever! I felt like I won a Gold Metal or something. It makes me really appreciate the pioneers that had their babies without any medicine. It is the hardest thing I have ever done, but yet the most rewarding. I can always look back and say, "I did that!" It is awesome! If any of you ever think of going natural, I advise you to take classes on natural child birth and know all the techniques and labor positions. I wouldn't have been able to do it with out that knowledge. alot of women say they will try it and when it gets too hard they'll get an epidural, but they go in it not knowing the tecniques and they fight it instead of relaxing and letting your body do its work. yes, it is extremly hard to relax during the worst pain ever, but it is possible :) thanks for reading my spill!
Hey, Kara! We finally have our blog up. Come see! hollyplus4.blogspot.com
Oh my gosh you guys have the cutest family!!! ( I am Brent's cousin BTW)
Post a Comment